Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Poetry Corner

Haiku #1

Cold. Dark. 5AM.
But the miles won't run themselves
So I need to go.

That being said, though ...
Wind Chill: Nine-f'n-Teen???
Just too cold for me.

Lake Effect Snow folks
May call me a big pussy.
Four miles ain't worth it.

***********

Bike-ku #1

Most horrifying news ...
My wife has now decided
She's a bike person.

She thinks she can ride.
She can't be bikey. I'm bikey
That's my world, baby.

First time she asks me,
"What's a bottom bracket do?"
Crescent wrench meets head.

***********

Tights???

When I was young and fast.
Yes, but that's in the past

Now I'm old and slow,
I have to say, no.

I don't want to seem like a kook,
So I prefer the hobo look.

Sweatpants and hoodies are fine with me.
Because they can't laugh if they can't see.

Hopefully by spring, when it gets warm,
I will have regained my speed and form.

Then I'll be brave enough to strip down
To my t-shirts and shorts and run around town.

Seussifier ON

No comments: