Thursday, June 18, 2009

Career Opportunities

As I’ve said, surfers and runners are among the biggest weather-geeks you’re ever going to find. In fact, I am teaching Mariel the age old skills of reading the weather by sight, sound, smell, taste and feel. She has a knack for it.

"I don't smell the rain yet, Daddy, and the wind is going the wrong way still."

Even so, my holistic forecasting methods, however accurate, could never get me a job on The Weather Channel. I did, however, find one postion I am perfectly suited to, that wouldn’t require any meteorological background; in fact no advanced education whatsoever. I wouldn’t even have to relocate, either [alas, I wouldn’t be hanging out with Jim Cantore, Stephanie Abrams, et al.]

The Weather Channel Music: 'Local on the 8s' Forecast Music
The music that is played during the 'Local on the 8s' Forecast changes every month. Find out what's playing this month or during a previous month.

June 2009 Playlist

The Smiths "Oscillate Wildly" - The Sound of the Smiths
DEVO "Gut Feeling" - The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
The Allman Brothers Band "Blue Sky" - The Allman Brothers Band: A Decade of Hits 1969-1979
The Rolling Stones "Can't you Hear me Knocking" - Sticky Fingers
The Clash "Time is Tight" - Super Black Market Clash

Yeah, I could do that.


No comments: