Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yep ... THAT Danny Bonaduce

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I am trying as hard as I can to catch up. To be honest with you, this isn't even a personal response. I mean, I am typing it and everything, but then I am going to cut and paste it (a skill I have recently learned) and send it to a couple hundred people. I'm sorry if I've missed any important questions or requests, but I'd rather get back to you this way than have you think I've forgotten about you. After all, I do work for you.

Thanks for listening to my show.

Your friend,

Danny Bonaduce

You see, I was just ON his show. Okay, just for a couple of seconds, anyway.



With the passing of Ken Ober [MTV’s “Remote Control”], Danny was talking about “famous last words. The first one to come to mind [naturally] was “Either this wallpaper goes, or I do” – Oscar Wilde.

Guess which one Danny says? BUT he can’t remember who said it.

I dialed.

The helper monkey [actually, a Gibbon in this case] picked up.

“Danny Bonaduce Show”
“Let Danny know it was Oscar Wilde, who said that”
“Hold on”

Hold on? I heard Danny talking on my phone mid-sentence.

“… Usually when I quote an Oscar, I can’t remember which one said it. Randy, go!”
“It was Oscar Wilde who said the ‘wallpaper’ thing”
“You know Oscar Wilde better than I do? Good man!!! Every read anything but Wilde?”

“’The Importance of Being Earnest’”
“Well done, man"

… and I was out.

Yeah, I was kinda taken by surprise and didn’t have my “A material” ... plus I might have been a little start-struck. Danny’s ALWAYS been a role-model to me:


5’6”? Check
Fake bass player? Check

… and so on.

No comments: