Saturday, January 02, 2010

RunningAHEAD

Okay ... All I did was ride Donna's bike around the block a couple of times, after I fortified her tire to remedy this persistent flatting problem she's been having [Slime is fine, and will get you home; but I’m hoping that a silicone + nylon liner helps her even more]

The point is ... Yes! I HAVE set up a RunningAHEAD Training Log in Facebook ... That MUST be some sign of the Apocalypse, shouldn't it??? Maybe I'm accelerating the whole "Hell Freezing Over" thing and perhaps the Eagles could win a Super Bowl. Whatever it takes!!!

So far I ‘m only using the “Lite” version that comes bundled into Facebook. If things should change – such as the unlikely event that I might actually race this year and perhaps train seriously for such an event – that will suit my needs. It’s probably even more than I need since somehow it calculates my VO2 Max [how? I have no clue!!! I though you could only do that at a Sports Medicine facility]

My friends might also give me some grief as it announces my pace for my workouts. RunningAHEAD is kind enough to publish that I “5 miles at 8:36 mile pace” for all to see. I’m sure someone’s gonna say “But Rand!
That route is 5 point TWO miles … you’re even quicker than that!!!”

Nah, that’s okay … If I can run about 5 miles in about 40-45 minutes? I’m fine with that. Y’all can leave the details and decimal points for race day … whenever that will be. In the meantime, I’ll keep jogging around at dawn, or earlier, or whenever I can, trying to do just a little better than the day before.

No comments: