Thursday, August 21, 2008

30 Days

One month until the Philadelphia Distance Run, my second "A" race of the year [Midnight Madness being the first, although far from a race, more of an event].

I'm training better this year than any year I can remember, and enjoying it a lot more than I can recall. Sure, there were times when I left work in the red sky blast furnace of Summer, thinking back to the days when I would alternately dread and relish the prospect of doing 7, 8, or 9 miles. I won't lie ... some evenings I considered doing another 3 or 4 on top of the 3 or 4 I'd already done that morning. Conversely, there were plenty of sprinkler soaked mornings when September 21 seemed so far away, that I thought, "Dude, you should have stayed in bed."

The miles don't run themselves.

So, we're good ... I have one point of anxiety ... we're going down to Brigantine this weekend. I am looking forward to a long run around the island. I have a route laid out and everything. I'm looking forward to a repeat of my session two years ago. However, I can NOT and WILL not deal with another disappointment, like the one that followed.

I'm going down there, eager and excited but cautious ...

No comments: