Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Does this Make Me a Doper???

As I stated a few months ago, my Blood Pressure's been up.

I've tried to manage it through exercise alone [which has worked in the past] but have made no headway; only taking it down to 150/80 in December before it rose back to 160/80 at a screening we had at Assumption a couple of weeks ago.

I made an appointment to see the Doc again this morning [without having to be told to by D'Wife to do so (!!!)].

At the office, my BP was down from 160/80 to 150/75; not bad since Mariel woke up throwing up and I got pulled over for speeding in Cherry Hill on the way over [talked my way out of it by saying I was taking her to the Pediatrian’s :-)]

Doc is putting me on this to get me to <140/80:
Amlodipine is called a calcium channel blocker. It works by relaxing blood vessels so blood can flow more easily … It may help to increase your ability to exercise …”

Uh-oh, I’d better check with the Olympic committee on this one [or Lance Armstrong]

"PRECAUTIONS: ... Limit alcoholic beverages"

Um ... Define "limit"

No comments: