Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Broad Street Run 2006 - Epilogue

Post-race comments from Annabelle de La Tortuga:

Broad Street 10 Miler - a very fun race. That's all the race report that you can expect to get from me. However Randy was an outstanding race host. Top three reasons -

Getting me through a very complicated starting line. This required starting at the end, taking a subway to the beginning, leaving a belongings bag at a specifically numbered bus and the finding our correct pace group. All by 8:30am. I have no sense of direction and would have never made it there on my own.

He carried my jellybeans for me. I knew that I would need some sugar at miles 3 and 7, but somehow forgot that one needs pockets. Running 7 miles with jellybeans in your hands could be a problem.

Randy let me pick the pace.

Randy's other good qualities as a race partner -

• One gets a much more interesting and colorful tour of Philadelphia. Let me just say that it was beyond the Liberty Bell.

• He will make sure that you can properly pronounce Schyulkill by the end of a race – it took me 10 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheers my friend.