Broad Street 10 Miler - a very fun race. That's all the race report that you can expect to get from me. However Randy was an outstanding race host. Top three reasons -
• Getting me through a very complicated starting line. This required starting at the end, taking a subway to the beginning, leaving a belongings bag at a specifically numbered bus and the finding our correct pace group. All by 8:30am. I have no sense of direction and would have never made it there on my own.
• He carried my jellybeans for me. I knew that I would need some sugar at miles 3 and 7, but somehow forgot that one needs pockets. Running 7 miles with jellybeans in your hands could be a problem.
• Randy let me pick the pace.
Randy's other good qualities as a race partner -
• One gets a much more interesting and colorful tour of Philadelphia. Let me just say that it was beyond the Liberty Bell.
• He will make sure that you can properly pronounce Schyulkill by the end of a race – it took me 10 miles.
Colluding with my Characters
1 day ago