Friday, January 25, 2008

Can't Trust Weatherfolks

They said it was going to snow this morning. I don't usually run on Fridays - especially today, since I have Bingo tonight and shouldn't be getting up so early - but, if it's snowing, I'm running. Sleet or freezing rain, no f'n way; but a nice fluffy snowstorm? Count me in.

It didn't snow. When I looked out the window at 5AM it was clear and bright. I could tell that it was way too cold to go out. When I went back to sleep, I had a dream that we had gotten about a foot and a half of nice fluffy powder. I was shovelling the sidewlak in front of the church and D'Kid was trying her best to wail me with snowballs, but the snow wouldn't pack well enough.

As it usually happens the sun was breaking through the clouds, so that made it about 3 or 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

I thought to myself, "Well, maybe they'll cancel Bingo."

There's no snow in the forecast for another week.

No comments: