Thursday, May 01, 2008

Karma is a Bitch!

A friend of mine was inquiring about Thirsty Dog Old Leghumper Porter. Which of course made respond in a very Doggie style manner ... Particulary Flying Dog Road Dog Porter

So, I started sniffing around
their website ... I had seen Garde Dog Biere de Garde and mistaken thought that it came in 4-packs like Gonzo Imperial Porter, Horn Dog Barley Wine, Double Dog Double IPA or Kerberos Tripel.

Nope, it comes in sixes, but is only available March-May ... today being May ...

Now I've been trashing Magic Hat pretty strongly lately, and frankly, I'm done with them. As Luck would have it, MH is in the same cooler as FD.

As I opened the cooler to grab the Garde Dog, a MH Variety 12-pack comes sliding off the shelf and slams into my ankle before bursting on the floor."That's okay," the clerk says, "Take another one!""I didn't even want that!" I said, as the pain began to rise from my shredded ankle."Oh," Patel says to me, "Bad luck for you then."



It's has a thin white head that certanly doesn't last long. It is absolutely clear gold, with a slight caramel+honeysuckle aroma. A little bit of fizz, not nearly as much as the other lawnmower beers [yeah, I just finished cutting the grass; desculpo mucho mis amigos y amigas mes-oesternos]. Low alcohol makes it very refreshing.

"Woof! Woof!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, I so love the Thirsty Dog Old Leghumper!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL - what a neat website. Being Scottish by birth, I really fancy the "Twisted Kilt". Unfortunately we don't have any like that in Aus - only XXXX which I believe is a prophylactic in the US!!