Monday, March 16, 2009

Flexible Schedule? Maybe A Little

Okay. So this is how my brain works.

D'Girls decided to do the grocery shopping for me. Why? I don't know; I must have done something right this week.

So I figured, while they were out, I could get a run in.

I did 7 Saturday [which was 1 more than "my coach" planned for me to do on Sunday] so I wasn't obligated to go out at all.

But, with time to kill and a light rain, I felt I needed to do something.

So, I figured, an easy 4 would be nice.

At the 2-mile turnaround - "You have 6 on your plan for today. Go for it"
At the 3-mile turnaround - "You did 7 yesterday; try it again"
Half a mile later - "You know ... 8 today would make a 30 mile week*"
Another half a mile later - "Go home knucklehead. You're gonna need to put those groceries away. Otherwise, nothing's gonna be in the right place."

I'm a case.


*Actually, it was only 27 for the week [I ran 22 miles last week and was thinking that was my total thru Saturday]

No comments: