Monday, February 22, 2010

"Once more into the breach ..."

Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead!

Whoa … That’s a bit harsh!!!

I only mean to say that … when I said I wouldn’t be racing in 2010, it was mostly due to D’Wife’s job, since she works on Sunday – prime racing day – we most likely wouldn’t have anyone to watch D’Kid while dad trotted around Philly or Jersey or PA or wherever. Just for shits & giggles though, my Coach and I whipped up a 10-week Training Program for Broad Street, with the caveat “Whether I’ll actually register and run it is a whole other story LOL”

Well, two developments came together over the weekend

1] D’Wife approved of my Race Day Plan / Conspiracy, should she not be able to take the day off: Her BF works at Blue Cross and plans to Volunteer that day; if D’Wife can’t get the day off, Cathy will take D’Kid with her to whatever task she’ll be doing, whether is water stationing or something at the finish line

B] My brother’s sister-in-law [my sister-in-law’s sister?] told us yesterday at my nephew’s baptism party that SHE is doing it, too.

With those two pieces of the puzzle now in place …

Registration Confirmation for:

2010 Blue Cross Broad Street Run

Dear rudy,

Congratulations! You are now registered for
2010 Blue Cross Broad Street Run. Please check the event's official website for updates: http://www.broadstreetrun.com


God help us all …

No comments: